Location:64 N Union Street, Montgomery, AL, 36104
Dates: 1 yr
Clearance (if required): Background Check
This position will work on site as a Network Engineer - II for the Office of Information Technology (OIT), State of Alabama located in Montgomery, Alabama. This position is a long-term contract and will convert to a state position.
The Network Engineer – II position is a highly applied and developmental technical level for supporting a large campus infrastructure. The employee will work with a team of professionals to maintain a very large and complex campus network. The employee will primarily work to resolve trouble tickets reported on WLAN, LAN and VoIP infrastructure and will also assist in performing maintenance as required on the network peripherals. The position will also involve working with Cisco DNA, ISE, Prime, ACS and WLC’s to define access and authentication as well as maintaining the above-mentioned appliances by applying patches, performing backups and monitoring for issues. While normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, the position will occasionally require working after business hours and on weekends to complete project tasks and/or incident resolution during on call rotation.
- Provide support, troubleshoot and resolve issues with connectivity and authentication on wireless network
- Provide support, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with connectivity on campus LAN.
- Provide support, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with connectivity on campus VoIP Network.
- Define user/system access using Cisco DNA, ISE and ACS.
- Monitor and maintain network peripherals with the use of Prime and DNA as well as manual methods where applicable.
- Perform maintenance on network appliances by applying patches and performing backups.
- Create and maintain proper network documentation.
- Provide afterhours support when necessary to complete project tasks or incident resolution during on call rotation.
- Perform packet captures and analysis to assist in the resolution of issues
- Packet Capture and Analysis
- LAN Switching
- Cisco OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers maintenance and configuration
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Messaging and configuration and installation of Cisco Phones
- Cisco DNA
- CISCO LISP, APIC-EM
- Cisco Prime
- Cisco ISE, OTV, NXOS
- Cisco UCS
- CCNA in one of the following areas: Wireless, Voice, or Route/Switch
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology with a minimum of 6 years’ experience working in Cisco Environment with experience in at least two of the following areas: LAN, WLAN or VoIP (2 additional year’s required if no degree)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in Cisco Environment with experience in at least two of the following areas: LAN, WLAN or VoIP
- Prior database programming experience with DB2 10 LUW and Crystal Reports 2013.
- Prior SACWIS (State Automated Child Welfare Systems) experience preferred
- Prior Business Objects Enterprise experience would be useful.
- Prior experience with Team Foundation Server 2012.
- Prior experience with SharePoint 2010.
- Prior experience with Toad for DB2.
Special Requirements/Additional Information:
- Candidate will operate a state-owned vehicle
- Interview will follow the following format:
- Phone Screening
- In-person Interview (May substitute a Skype Interview)
- Candidate will have periods of overtime support requirements