Location: Multiple Locations (Quantico, VA; Colorado Springs, CO; Huntsville, AL)
A senior SharePoint Developer at Summit 7 Systems must be capable of taking a project from initial requirements gathering to finished production code without direction and limited consultation from colleague subject matter experts. To this effect a Senior Developer must have highly effective communication skills when dealing with both technical and non-technical individuals. They must be able to effectively analyze business processes identifying areas of redundancy, potential for re-use and consolidation, process conflicts, and technical limitations. Solutions created by Senior Developers would be expected to be fault tolerant, manageable, upgradable, and adaptable. As a member of a team a Senior Developer must be able to assist team members with developer related technical issues and be able to incorporate non-developer guidance and best practices in technical solutions. This includes the development, customization and integration efforts for enterprise solutions involving Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Workflow and Enterprise Content Management systems utilizing Microsoft SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, Azure or Office 365 as required.
- Act as the lead development resource for a project team led by a SharePoint Architect/SME.
- Create solution packages for deployment in SharePoint 2010, 2013, or 2016.
- Develop Webparts, Features, User Controls, Event Receivers and Packaged Solutions that meet the customer’s requirements and constraints.
- Create Custom workflows using SharePoint Designer or Visual Studio and create custom workflow actions.
- Effectively analyze business processes identifying areas of redundancy, potential for re-use and consolidation, process conflicts and technical limitations.
- Document all code appropriately and provide deployment instructions for customer deliverables.
- Test and troubleshoot code for SharePoint 2010, 2013 and 2016; perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of new technologies related to the SharePoint, ECM, Portals and Collaboration, Office 365 and Azure ecosystems.
- Follow change management processes for the extension or modification of existing projects.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or other technical field from a reputable institute.
- (Desired) Microsoft Certified Professional Developer or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for SharePoint
- Knowledge in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365
- Familiarity with some of the following third party software providers: Nintex, Metalogix, AvePoint
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- (Desired) CISSP