Summit 7 is a people incubator. Summit 7'ers regularly speak at conferences, and architect environments for Inc 5000 or top Defense and Aerospace companies. They also write industry leading books. Summit 7 has a history of employing some of the leading Microsoft experts in knowledge management and security. Continuing this practice, the team is comprised today of rock star administrators, developers, and architects that are the guiding voices amongst tech forums and in the board rooms of our clients. Additionally, Summit 7 is in the serious business of protecting the US defense industrial base from cyber threats and helping them meet challenging security and regulatory compliance challenges.
Description & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) & Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the Cyber security product suite, e.g. NGFWs, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Application Firewalls, Conditional Access Policies, etc.
- Experience administering firewalls such as Check Point, SonicWall, FortiGate, Azure Firewall, etc.
- Understanding of SIEM event tuning to reduce false positives.
- Demonstrate understanding of important strategies to gather events, analyze them, and determine if we have a cyber incident.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what Incident Handling is, why it is important, and an understanding of best practices to take in preparation for an Incident.
- Demonstrate an understanding of high-level strategies to prevent an attacker from causing further damage to the victim after discovering the incident.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the general approaches to get rid of the attacker's artifacts on compromised machines, the general strategy to safely restore operations, and the importance of the incident report and lessons learned meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to scope an event to ensure the proper remediation steps.
- Provides technical evaluation and analysis. Supports activities, process, and tools needed to improve overall security posture of the organization.
- Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, and creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, and coordination of activities. Performs actions to address or mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. Reviews and defines controls.
- Conducts security assessments and other information security routines consistently. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for data security related to established guidelines.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Information Assurance - Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolute dedication to unparalleled customer service.
- Fast turnaround of client requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests appropriately.
- Responsible for entering all time and expenses as they occur.
- Continuous education, expansion, and refinement of technical knowledge and credibility through industry standard certifications
Enhancing Customer Relations:
- Interpret and discuss information with others and regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues.
- Demonstrate professional attitude with client over the phone, on-site and through emails to resolve all client requests/questions.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS from a reputable institute or 2 years of IT or related experience, special preference for Service Desk/Desk Side support experience.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to pass an extensive background check
Optional / Desired Qualifications