Location: Huntsville, AL / Remote
Summit 7 is a people incubator. Summit 7'ers regularly speak at conferences, and architect environments for Inc 5000 or top Defense and Aerospace companies. They also write industry leading books.Summit 7 has a history of employing some of the leading Microsoft experts in knowledge management and security. Continuing this practice, the team is comprised today of rock star administrators, developers, and architects that are the guiding voices amongst tech forums and in the board rooms of our clients. Additionally, Summit 7 is in the serious business of protecting the US defense industrial base from cyber threats and helping them meet challenging security and regulatory compliance challenges. We do cool work here. Take it from Microsoft.
Microsoft Cloud Architect Description & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead the architectural design, development, customization, support and integration efforts of solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Lead technical proposal efforts including statement of work development, level of effort and time estimates.
- Work with the Managed Services Director as technical depth for customers with Microsoft Azure and Office 365 support issues.
- Act as a Level 4 escalation point for the support team for Microsoft Azure and Office 365 support issues.
- Develop Azure and Office 365 designs and implementation plans based on the customer requirements.
- Develop Azure and Office 365 Architectures that meet the client s requirements and constraints.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to seek cooperation and resolve problems.
- Document the design, systems architecture, and change management plans and review the contributions of team members for said plans.
- Implement, or oversee the implementation, of client projects. Provide feedback and guidance to team members when necessary.
- Provide guidance to team members on developing their personal technical skills and on the implementation of technical solutions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Sciences or MIS from a reputable institute.
Professional Certifications Desired:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- CISSP or Security+ CE
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge in Azure support, migrations and implementations.
- Expert knowledge in Office 365 support, migrations and implementations.
- Knowledge of Networking technologies, designs and implementations within Azure
- Proficiency and experience with Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Intune and Azure Information Protection.
- Proficiency and experience with DNS, Azure Virtual Networks, VPNs, Azure Compute, Application Gateway, Azure Storage, Azure SQL, Azure Intune, Azure Security Center, Azure Active Directory and Azure Backup.
Optional / Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Azure Government and / or Office 365 GCC High.
- Security clearance and experience with CMMC, NIST 800-171, and NIST 800-53 is a plus.