Location: Office of Human Resources, 50 N Ripley St, Montgomery, AL 36130
Clearance (if required): Background Check
IAT Level (if required) Code: N/A
Contract Dates: Minimum 1 yr
This position will work on site as a Senior IT Programmer Analyst for the Office of Human Resources, State of Alabama located in Montgomery, Alabama. This position is a 9 mo contract and may see a renewal.
The Senior IT Programmer Analyst supports the Employment and Training system, which is a Federally-mandated application, managed by the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) for its Food Assistance program, also known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). This application provides an automated tool for Food Assistance Case Workers and Partner Case Managers to enroll individuals in educational and job training opportunities so that clients can become self-supporting, thereby reducing the need for ongoing support from the Federal and State government.
Requirements for the developer position to include but not limited to the following:
- Lead the design, development, testing, and implementation of C#/.NET MVC web applications
- Must be able to work in a software development environment following Agile/scrum methodologies
- Meet with users, gather and analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design
- Conduct unit testing and assist with integration testing
- Responsible for ensuring several web application development solutions are implemented according to customer requirements and work within allotted time/software constraints
- Provides development status updates to the management on a regular basis
- Provides guidance on best practices for software development and ensures adherence to organization’s IT policies
- Must be proficient in working with Visual Studio 2017
- Must have solid experience in MVC architecture
- Responsible for writing stored procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, DDL/DML queries
- Experience in Web services and ETL processes
- Must be able to create complex reports using Crystal Reports/SSRS
- SNAP experience is preferred
- Must be experienced in TFS as Source Control
- NET Core 2.0
- LINQ, JSON
- IIS 8
- Visual Studio 2017
- Boot strap
- SQL programming
- Web services/ ETL
- Crystal reports/SSRS
- Extensive .NET development skills utilizing C#
- Experience in developing .NET MVC applications with SQL server as backend
- Experience in data conversion/ETL processes and creating interfaces.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and self-motivated
- Strong experience in UI development (DESIRED)
1. Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in .NET application development
2. High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 10 years of experience in .NET application development
1. Minimum of 5 years of ASP.NET experience with MVC
2. Minimum of 7-10 years SQL experience
3. Minimum of 3 years of ETL processes/Web services to transfer data between various systems
4. Experience with Agile methodologies required
5. Experience designing, developing and supporting enterprise web applications using MVC/HTML5/ C# required.
6. Experience working in eligibility programs or SNAP (DESIRED)
Special Requirements/Additional Information:
- Job is in Montgomery, Alabama
- Candidate must work onsite at the DHR facility in Montgomery
- No telecommuting or working from home is allowed.
- Candidate must be available for an interview either in person (preferred) or via Skype if in-person interview is not practical.
- Candidate must be able to:
- Provide two (2) completed reference checks and/or the name and number/email of the reference (will only check refs on candidates that are interviewed)
- Must include full name of college/university/school, etc. the candidate attended as well as the graduation date on the resume
- Ensure accuracy of name (no nicknames)
- Name must match social/ID/BC/passport
- Name must match name on resume and Right to Represent Form